101 Positive Affirmations
Before we get started, I have a few quick questions for you.
Are you stuck in a cycle of self-sabotage?
Does fear ever hold you back?
Do you wait for approval from others before trying something new?
Do you often feel like you’ll never have or be enough?
Are you your own harshest critic?
Do you have trouble taking the first step without a plan?
Do you ever lack motivation?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you’re in the right place! This blog is one that you can keep coming back to in the weeks, months and years to come. These affirmations are all written using positive language and can serve as an anchor or something to bring you back to earth when you’re going down the rabbit hole of self-doubt. I’m not sure about you, but I go there often! You can choose a different one each day or carry the same affirmation with you for a week- it’s completely up to you. Try to repeat them a couple of times and if you need some prompts as you get started, you can write them on a post-it, put your affirmation as your wallpaper on your phone or even have it come up when your alarm goes off in the morning.
If you’d like to test out the power of positive affirmations, choose one from the list below and say it out loud or in your mind. Now switch it to a negative statement and notice how it makes you feel. For example, you could say “I am enough. I have enough. I do enough” and then “I will never be enough. I will never have enough. I never do enough.” Did you notice a difference? I know that when I say them as a negative statement (we say these to ourselves all day!) I feel tense and all my worries start getting bigger. When I say them using positive language, I feel relieved, at ease and excited for what’s to come.
If you answered ‘no’ to all, or most of the questions above, then please reach out and let us know your secrets! Even I’m not immune to negative thoughts, putting myself down and getting stuck in my story. I’m not sure if any of us will ever have the absence of these thoughts, but it’s how we learn to switch our mindset rather than forcing these thoughts to go away, trying to ignore them or pushing them onto those we love, that’s most important.
So, here they are!
1. I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me.
2. When things feel like they’re not adding up, I subtract. The less I need, the better I feel.
3. I can do, feel and believe in a way that is true to me without having to justify myself.
4. Breathing in I calm my body, breathing out I smile.
5. I celebrate all that I have been, all that I am and all that I’m yet to be.
6. I’m open and honest about what I feel, what I need and who I am.
7. I give myself permission to ask for help. Asking for what I need isn’t a sign of inadequacy, but of self-awareness and courage to show vulnerability.
8. I forgive my past self for having to learn.
9. I’m choosing to focus on the opinions that I hold of myself rather than being deafened by the opinions of others.
10. When I get overwhelmed with choices, I choose myself.
11. Whatever I do today, I know it’s enough.
12. I find joy in moving forward.
13. I let go of unrealistic expectations and the need to prove my worth. I am worthy and of value just as I am.
14. I’m committed to creating a life I love.
15. Once I stop rushing through life, I realise how much life I have time for.
16. I choose to shine, not to suffer.
17. I acknowledge all the good that I have in my life because I know this is the foundation for all abundance.
18. I make myself a priority in my own life.
19. I can be there for others without leaving myself behind.
20. Gratitude turns what I have into enough.
21. I move through life with ease and grace.
22. I am the curator of my life. I slowly cut things out until I’m left with what I love, what’s most important, what’s necessary and what makes me happy.
23. I trust my gut and do what feels right for me.
24. I can be authentic while still discovering who I am.
25. I live a ‘want to’ life not a ‘have to’ life.
26. I trust myself and where I’m going even though I’m not sure where that is yet.
27. There’s more to life than the limits I place on myself.
28. I choose the people who choose me.
29. I can be sure and still wonder.
30. I recognise the things that are going well in my life and have the courage to change the things that aren’t.
31. I open my mind and let go of outdated stories that I’ve been telling myself.
32. I embrace times of discomfort as that’s when I learn the most about myself.
33. I celebrate my imperfections.
34. The only approval I seek is my own.
35. I know what kind of life I want and I say ‘yes’ to anything that supports it.
36. Life is as good as I make it.
37. I can protect my heart without being afraid of loving and being loved.
38. I take time to stop. I am no longer obsessed with keeping up.
39. I am worthy of greatness in all areas of my life.
40. I accept that the things that are often best for me, are sometimes the hardest to do.
41. I will always remember how far I’ve come, not just how far I’ve got to go.
42. I will start where I am, use what I have and do what I can.
43. I’m committed to becoming the truest, most authentic version of myself.
44. I speak to myself like I would to my best friend.
45. When I feel like my strength has been pushed to the limit, I deeply trust that I can endure what’s ahead.
46. I love myself enough to let go of anything that holds me back from being myself.
47. I believe in the person I am trying to become.
48. I give myself permission to slow down.
49. I look forward to all that lies ahead.
50. Uncertainty brings endless opportunities.
51. I smile at my obstacles because I know they are like bridges taking me closer to where I want to be.
52. I live simply, love generously and learn constantly.
53. I surround myself with people who meet me where I’m at and walk with me to where I want to be.
54. I appreciate this moment for what it is because I know I’ll never get the exact same moment twice.
55. I’m not yet where I want to be, but I’m also not where I used to be.
56. I’m comfortable in the space between the known and the unknown.
57. In a world where I can be anything, I choose to be me.
58. I know that I can do it.
59. I choose to release the past and live in the present moment.
60. I invest in myself because I am of incredible worth.
61. Everything I have gone through has helped me to grow.
62. I can be there for others without forgetting about myself.
63. I fully embrace all that I am.
64. Great things are coming my way.
65. I welcome in new experiences, learning and relationships.
66. I am proud of the person I’m becoming.
67. This life is mine to live and I’m going to make the most of it.
68. My health is a priority, not an option. I’m committed to nurturing myself on all levels every day.
69. I step beyond my comfort zone and open my eyes to all of the possibilities.
70. I’m committed to slowing down, paying attention and enjoying life.
71. I’m grateful that my past actions and inactions have led me to where I am today.
72. I know I am enough without having to hear it from others.
73. Happiness begins with me.
74. I’m grateful for my loved ones and know that I’m loved unconditionally.
75. I take time to remember the days that I wished for the things that I have now.
76. I am comfortable doing my own thing, in my own time.
77. I loosen my grip on thoughts, beliefs, habits and people that stop me from being who I really am.
78. I know I’m on the right track when I’m outgrowing who I’ve been
79. I listen to my body and I’m grateful for its messages.
80. I forgive myself for the lessons that I had to repeatedly learn the hard way.
81. I am resilient and capable.
82. I keep letting go of what doesn’t serve me until I’m me again.
83. Today is the beginning of anything I want and I’m going to make the most of it.
84. I am seen. I am heard. I am valued.
85. If I believe I can, then I can.
86. I let go of the unrealistic expectations that I have of myself and know that I don’t have to prove my worth to anyone else.
87. I never forget how far I’ve come and celebrate my small wins along the way.
88. I’m always one decision away from a completely different life.
89. My past was a lesson, not a life sentence.
90. I speak openly about how I’m feeling because all the things that make me feel alone can connect me with others.
91. The quieter I become, the more I hear.
92. I never give up on my dreams.
93. I’m thriving and making the most of every moment.
94. I can be vulnerable without feeling weak or ashamed.
95. I choose to show up, be real and let my true self be seen.
96. I’m always doing the best I can.
97. I nourish the people who nourish me, but first I must take care of myself.
98. I’m deserving of a life that’s full of meaning and contentment.
99. I have the courage to stay true to my values.
100. I’m happy, healthy and whole.
101. I’m ready, my time is now.
Feel free to come up with your own affirmations. You can use the sentence starters below to help you. Just remember to keep them positive for example, “I have all I need right now” instead of “I don’t have enough but one day I will.”
I choose to…
I am deserving of…
I am worthy of…
I give myself permission to…
What affirmation resonated with you the most? I’d love for you to share it in the comments below!
Remember that how you speak to yourself matters the most. If you find that it’s always in a harsh, negative or critical way, I’d love to help you. I have plenty of tips and tricks that I’ve learnt over the years so these thoughts don’t consume me, hold me back or make me lose sight of what’s right in front of me. You can book a complimentary 30-minute chat with me here.
If you’d like to receive these blogs directly to your inbox along with the latest guest features, exclusive offers and upcoming events, you can subscribe here.